Thursday Feb, 22 2024 09:42:21 PM

BARMM GAD focal persons undergo training on Gender Analysis Tools Utilization

BANGSAMORO NEWS UPDATES • 12:00 PM Wed Feb 22, 2023
562
By: 
Edwin O. Fernandez and MILG-BARMM news release

DAVAO CITY - To ensure that Gender and Development (GAD) programs, projects, and activities are compliant with relevant GAD policies and are gender-responsive to the issues and mandates of Local Government Units, the Ministry of the Interior and Local Government (MILG) gathered GAD focal persons to a Training Workshop on Analysis Tools: Harmonized GAD Guidelines (HGDG) and Gender Responsive LGU (GeRL) Assessment tools.

The training workshop attended by 123 GAD focal persons of LGUs and 10 MILF provincial GAD and alternate focal persons was held in Davao City on Feb. 13-14 for the provinces of Lanao del Sur, Maguindanao and Cotabato City and in Zamboanga City on Feb. 15-16 for Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi.

It was spearheaded by the MILG Local Government Development Division (LGDD).

Marline P. Pasil, LGDD assistant chief/GAD regional focal person has emphasized the importance of mainstreaming GAD by using gender analysis tools in the LGUs’ development plans.

 

Thus, the 5 percent GAD budget must influence the remaining 95 percent of LGU budgets to implement gender-responsive PPAs.

LGOO V Jessilou L Frugalidad of DILG XII Sarangani Provincial Office discussed the basic gender concept, followed by a discussion of the Gender Analysis Tools, their conceptual elements, and gender analysis steps.

She also thoroughly explained the HGDG background and project design using generic and sectoral-specific checklists.

She explained how the eight core elements of the Project Implementation, Management, and Evaluation (PIMME) checklists were applied and reflected in the GAD Plan and Budget.

She also shared an explanation after an audio-visual presentation introduced the topic of GeRL.

Following the workshops on HGDG application and GeRL tool administration, the participants were able to grasp and comprehend the significance of gender analysis in the formulation of the GAD Plan and Budget.

 

PDEA shuts down drug den in Cotabato City, arrests 4, seizes P170K shabu

COTABATO CITY - Joint elements of PDEA BARMM Drug Enforcement Officers, Police Station 2, Cotabato City Police Office, and PNP Maritime conducted a...

P6.8-M worth shabu seized in another Lanao del Sur PDEA bust

COTABATO CITY - Anti-narcotics agents confiscated P6.8 million worth of shabu from two dealers who fell in another entrapment operation in Lanao...

BTA backs Cha-Cha moves

COTABATO CITY - The Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) parliament has expressed support to calls for charter change to resolve...

OPAPRU assures corruption has no place in MILF decommissioning process

MANILA – The Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity (OPAPRU) assured that it would not tolerate irregularities in...

CIDG agents arrest in North Cotabato 2 men wanted for illegal drugs, murder in BARMM

PIGCAWAYAN, North Cotabato - KAKALABAS pa lamang sa pagamutan ng dalawang mga wanted persons nang arestuhin ng mga tauhan ng Criminal Investigation...