Tuesday May, 21 2024 12:03:48 AM

Buluan cops hunting down 5 men in student's rape-slay

Local News • 23:29 PM Tue Sep 15, 2015
1,320
By: 
Bernadette Maribojo and John Unson
The Mahad National High School canteen where Bainora Solaiman was allegedly raped and torched by seven men in Buluan, Maguindanao. (Bernadette Maribojo)

BULUAN, Maguindanao - After initially denying there was rape case in his area of jurisdiction, Senior Insp. Victor Pansoy, town police chief here, has ordered a massive manhunt against five more men believed to have been involved in the alleged rape of a studentand the burning of a canteen, including the victim.Pansoy said three men were arrested for their alleged involvement in the rape-slay of a an 18-year-old working student, Bainora Solaimanof Mahad National High School in Barangay Poblacion on Sept. 5. Two of the three suspects were found positive of drug use, Pansoy told DXMS Radyo Bida . Hew refused to identify them.Gov. Esmael Mangudadatu on Tuesday offered an earnest reward for leads that can help solve the fabled rape-slay of a relative-adolescent girl in Buluan town in Maguindanao last week. He did not reveal the amount of reward money.Mangudadatu confirmedthe arrest of three suspects in the atrocity, now undergoing inquest proceedings.The suspects were tagged as among a group that barged into a school canteen in Buluan and set the building on fire. The victim is related to the family of my mother,” Mangudadatu said.Pansoy said investigation was still on going on the reported rape of the victim by eight construction workers and that they torched the canteen, including the girl, to cover the crime.Pansoy denied reports that went viral on social media the police was sitting on the case.He appealed to anyone who has information about the incident to come forward and help bring justice for Solaiman, a working student at the school canteen and from Datu Paglas, Maguindanao.Solaiman's classmates described her as a good girl, quiet and hardworking. She works as helper of the school canteen.Mangudadatu said investigators are yet to establish if the slain student was molested. But we can only establish that if we have witnesses, or if there is confession from the suspects. We need witnesses,” Mangudadatu said. Madis Salendab, MNHS director, meanwhile,admitted the incident has affected the school, especially the girls, but classes have to continue despite what happened.Salandab expressed hope justice will prevail in the case of Solaiman and that the police will address the proliferation of illegal drugs.In Cotabato City, Senior Supt. Rex Anongos, city police chief,said seven persons, mostly minors, were arrested, others surrendered in connection with a rape case.Anongos said the incident happened last week during a birthday party where a victim, who was a guest of the celebrant, was allegedly rape by seven men. The girl, a minor, revealed the incident toher only a day after.Anongos said charges have been filed against the suspects who were friends of the victim. They are temporarily detained at police station 1 lock up cell and soon to be turned over to the DSWD.A police source said negotiation foramicable settlement is in progress.

Groups, BARMM officials condemn Cotabato City chapel bombing

COTABATO CITY - Various sectors condemned Sunday’s grenade attack on a small Catholic chapel in a residential area here that hurt two worshipers and...

2 drug peddlers nabbed, over P1-M shabu seized in Pikit anti-drug ops

GEN. SANTOS CITY  – Anti-illegal drug entrapment operation in Barangay Ladtingan, Pikit, North Cotabato on May 19, 2024, led to the arrest of...

MNLF’s political bloc urges members to stay off hostile politics

COTABATO CITY - The political party of the Moro National Liberation Front on Saturday reminded its more than 90,000 duly registered members to avoid...

Granada na pinaglaruan ng isang binatilyo, na recover ng PNP sa Bansalan, Davao Sur

KIDAPAWAN CITY - Nakaligtas sa tiyak na kamatayan ang isang 14 na taong gulang na binatilyo matapos na marecover mula sa kanya ng pulis ang isang...

Cardinal Quevedo's statement of condemnation on Cotabato chapel bombing

As a member of the BARMM Council of Leaders representing the Christian Settler Communities and as Catholic Cardinal, I condemn in the strongest terms...